Kagleys Chapel Baptist Church was established in 1882 on the site where the new building now stands.  

The original building was destroyed on September 27, 2010 by an electrical fire.

Church services were held at the recently vacated Centenary Baptist Church while the new church was being constructed.

Rebuilding began in 2011 and the new building was dedicated on January 8, 2012.

Pictures of the old church building and of the rebuilding process can be seen on our Facebook page.  

News stories:
WBIR.com - Kagleys Chapel Baptist Church Reopens After September 2010 Fire
KnoxNews.com - "An Exciting Day": 15 Months After Fire, Blount Church Celebrates Reopening
VolunteerTV.com - Maryville Church Celebrates New Beginning
KnoxNews.com - Rebuilding Kagleys Chapel Has Brought Congregation Together
WBIR.com - Kagleys Chapel Breaks Ground on New Building (video)
KnoxNews.com - Kagleys Chapel Receives Support After Fire At Church
VolunteerTV.com - Kagleys Chapel Finds New Home, For Now

WBIR.com - Blount County Church Destroyed By Fire
WATE.com - Maryville Church Destroyed By Fire





   
Kagleys Chapel Baptist Church

History